Calculate your own deduction.
IRS Section 179
- The deduction limit for Section 179 is now $1,040,000
- The Section 179 Deduction threshold for total amount of equipment that can be purchased is now $2,590,000
- Most new and used equipment, as well as some software, qualify for the Section 179 Deduction
- Businesses can take advantage of 100% bonus depreciation on both new and used equipment for the entirety of 2020.
- When applying these provisions, Section 179 is generally taken first, followed by Bonus Depreciation
Credit & equipment restrictions apply. This program does not assume your company will qualify to take advantage of the IRS Section #179 depreciation schedule which allows rapid first year depreciation of certain assets acquired. The amount of previous depreciation your company may have used may affect your ability to utilize the elections. Please consult your tax adviser or accountant for additional information. Equipment must be purchased and placed in service by 12/31/2020.